SCCA Annual Conference
52nd Annual Conference
Dates: February 25-27, 2016
Location: Westin Hilton Head Resort and Spa
2 Grasslawn Avenue
Hilton Head, SC 29928
Early Bird Conference Rate until December 31st
Member price $90
Student member price $70
Non-member price $130
Regular registration as of January 1st 2016
Member price $100
Student member price $80
Non-member price $140
Member price $125
Student member price $20
Non-member price $155
Room block available at the Westin for $119 a night plus a $15 resort fee, only book through the hotel and let them know you are with SCCA to get the conference rate.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a phone call from anyone trying to book rooms for the SCCA Conference stating a special rate, please BEWARE. This is a scam that some of our members and past attendees have encountered. Please call the hotel directly to book your room for the conference rate.
Questions relating to conference registration are directed to the SCCA Executive Secretary.
Interim Executive Secretary
Dr. Jennifer Jordan
General conference or SCCA questions can be submitted on the SCCA website here: Contact Us
SC Counseling Association (SCCA) is an NBCC Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #2041) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP (SCCA) is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
SCCA is a S.C. Board for Counselors, Therapists, and Psycho-Educational Specialists provider (#SNP.69) and offers continuing education and abides by the board guidelines. Clock hours may be used for renewal for LPCs, MFTs, and Psycho-Educational Specialists and may qualify for SDE teacher re-certification (www.scteachers.org).
New SCCA Conference Presenter Qualification Requirements and Guidelines
Qualifying workshops during the SCCA Conference must be taught by presenters who possess appropriate qualifications, as required by the National Board of Certified Counselor Continuing Education Provider Policy. VIEW MORE
Additional SCCA Conference Presenter Guidelines:
- All presenters are required to review the new NBCC guidelines including the content areas and presenter qualifications for each content area before submitting the proposal for the SCCA Conference post on the SCCA website.
- All presenters who are eligible for SCCA membership must have a current membership status and register for the conference in order to present.
- EQUIPMENT including extension cords, screens, and projectors is not provided by SCCA. The presenter is responsible for obtaining and setting up any equipment used during the presentation. Equipment can be rented from the hotel.
- Presenters are not allowed to sell items at the conference unless they are also registered as n exhibitor.
- Presenters are encouraged to view conference updates and schedules posted on the SCCA Website (www.sccounselor.org) as new information is available.
To view Featured Speakers from previous conferences as well as archived Conference Programs, Click Here.
2016 Service Project: Harvest Hope
The mission of Harvest Hope Food Bank (http://www.harvesthope.org) is to provide for the needs of the hungry by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
Harvest Hope began in 1981 as the result of a shared vision of business leaders and the faith community who set out to provide for the hungry in Columbia. Since then Harvest Hope has increased its mission to feed the hungry across 20 counties of South Carolina. Harvest Hope distributed over 28 million pounds of food last year and fed approximately 38,000 people a week.
From simple beginnings, Harvest Hope has continued to increase the scope of its operations and now provides food, comfort and hope to hungry individuals and families in the Midlands, Pee Dee and Greater Greenville regions of South Carolina.
SCCA encourages you to join other SCCA members in supporting the 2016 SCCA Service Project in one of the following ways:
- Organize a community Food Drive (http://www.harvesthope.org/host-a-food-drive)
- Make a donation online, by mail*, or at the SCCA Conference (February 25-27, 2016) (https://donate.harvesthope.org/)
- Volunteer your time ( http://www.harvesthope.org/volunteer-faqs)
Columbia Area Harvest Hope*
2220 Shop Road
Columbia, SC 29201
Florence Pee Dee Area Harvest Hope*
2513 West Lucas Street
Florence, SC 29501
Greenville Area Harvest Hope*
2818 White Horse Road
Greenville, SC 29611
Lexington County Emergency Food Pantry*
1775 12th Street Ext.
Cayce, SC 29033